BOWLING PLACES 15TH AT KUTZTOWN INVITATIONAL
Monmouth: 15th of 26, 9-6 record
READING, PA – The Monmouth University women’s bowling team earned a 15th-place finish at the 2017 Kutztown Invitational over the weekend at Heister Lanes.
Senior Kaitlyn Reth led the Hawks individually with a top-10 finish as she averaged 210.00 over six traditional games.
As a team, Monmouth went 9-6 during the three-day event, including a 4-2 record in Traditional play on Saturday, which included a victory over No. 10 Maryland Eastern Shore
NOTES & QUOTES
"It was a rough start, but we pulled out a decent record for the weekend. We need to continue improving our spare percentages and first shot execution."
– Director of Bowling Karen Grygiel
- The No. 9 ranked Hawks defeated No. 10 Maryland Eastern Shore by a 1,042-934 score in a traditional match.
- The top-10 victory gives the Hawks eight total top-10 wins during the 2016-17 season.
- Reth placed in the top-10 for the third time in 2016-17
- Monmouth played Franklin Pierce twice during Sunday’s Championship bracket and split the two matchups
- Monmouth’s highest pin total in baker format was 1,004 against Adelphi, which the Hawks fell in a bowl-off to break the tie.
- Monmouth’s largest margin of victory was 206 in the traditional match win over Saint Francis Pa. (1,039-833).
- Allison Carola led Monmouth with a 264 high game in traditional match play.
- Over 78 games this weekend, Monmouth averaged 187 pins per game, which ranked 14th overall
Monmouth returns to competition on February 10 when it competes in the three-day SFA Invite in Conroe, Texas.