RETH EARNS TOP-10 FINISH AT STORMIN' LADYJACK CLASSIC
Monmouth: 16 of 23, 4-8 record
HOUSTON – Senior Kaitlyn Reth posted her fourth top-10 finish of the 2016-17 season as the Monmouth University women’s bowling team placed 16th overall at the Stormin’ Ladyjack Classic this weekend at Copperfield Bowling Center.
Reth led the Hawks individually, finishing ninth overall with an average of 212.80 over five traditional games.
As a team, Monmouth went 4-8 during the three-day event, including a 2-2 record in Baker play on Friday, which included victories over Southern University and Prairie View A&M.
NOTES & QUOTES
"It is our first losing record of the season. We missed too many spares, which cost us the opportunity to win several matches. Fortunately, we still have three more regular season tournaments to get us back on track."
– Director of Bowling Karen Grygiel
- Reth placed in the top-10 for the fourth time in 2016-17
- The No. 12 ranked Hawks defeated No. 13 Tulane by a 1,020-934 score in a traditional match.
- The Hawks played four top-seven opponents in traditional play, including No. 1 Nebraska and No. 2 Arkansas State
- Monmouth defeated No. 10 Sacred Heart during Sunday’s Championship bracket, which gave the team nine top-10 victories in 2016-17.
- The Hawks faced No. 13 Tulane three times, including twice in the Championship round, going (1-2) against the Green Wave.
- Monmouth’s highest pin total in Baker format was 949 against Southern, when the Hawks earned their largest victory by 98 points.
- Jackie Evans led Monmouth with a 239 high game in traditional match play.
- Over 69 games this weekend, Monmouth averaged 186 pins per game, which ranked 16th overall.
Monmouth returns to action next weekend when it competes in the three-day James Brown Invitational at Towson Lanes in Towson, MD.