MEN’S TENNIS SWEEPS FAIRFIELD FOR THIRD STRAIGHT MAAC WIN
FAIRFIELD, CT – After earning 7-0 wins over Saint Peter’s and Niagara in the first two conferences matches of the season, the Monmouth University men’s tennis team swept their third straight MAAC opponent as it defeated Fairfield on Wednesday afternoon, 7-0. Nicola Pipoli earned the #1 singles win by a score of 6-3, 6-4 before also winning at #2 doubles along with Alberto Giuffrida. Giuffrida also earned a singles win, defeating Fairfield 6-2, 6-2 at #5. Monmouth won all other singles matches, and also picked up the #3 doubles win thanks to Christian Vieira and Vikrant Dahiya.
1. Pipoli, Nicola (MONM) def. Orban, Brad (FFD) 6-3, 6-4
2. Filipek, Przemyslaw (MONM) def. Caputo, Anthony (FFD) 6-4, 6-3
3. Gomez Estrada, Ale (MONM) def. Rodgers, Jeffrey (FFD) 6-1, 6-4
4. Vieira, Christian (MONM) def. Ammon, Ethan (FFD) 6-4, 6-0
5. Giuffrida, Alberto (MONM) def. Appel, Dylan (FFD) 2-6, 7-6, 6-0
6. Martinez, Sergio (MONM) def. Shibles, Tyler (FFD) 6-2, 6-2
The Hawks will look to remain undefeated in the conference as they travel to Loudonville this Saturday for a matchup with the Siena Saints.