Monmouth 10 (8-3)
NJIT 5 (0-11)
MADISON, NJ –
The Monmouth University men’s lacrosse team captured its fifth consecutive victory with a 10-5 victory over NJIT on Saturday afternoon at Ranger Stadium.
The Hawks never trailed in the game as they held a 3-1 lead after the first quarter and a 6-3 cushion at halftime. Eamon Campbell
, Dan Bloodgood
and Zach Clemente
each scored twice in the victory for Monmouth as it won its eighth game of the season, the most in program history. NOTES & QUOTES
“NJIT was focused, well prepared and played hard this afternoon which prevented us from getting some breathing room until late in the game. With three games this week, our staff wanted to play some more guys and utilize some of our depth, so it was great to see some new faces play well today. With a quick turnaround we have to enjoy this one for the rest of the day then turn the page and focus on the next one.” - Head Coach Brian Fisher
- Monmouth’s fifth consecutive victory is a new program record.
- Monmouth moved to 8-3 on the season, its best 11-game start in four seasons.
- The Hawks’ eight victories are the most in a single season.
- Monmouth improved to 5-3 on the road this season.
- The Hawks won their fourth straight road contest.
- The Hawks wore matte gray helmets with midnight blue jerseys and midnight blue shorts.
- Monmouth remained undefeated in three all-time meetings against NJIT.
- Nick Hreshko
and Garrett Pfeifer
served as honorary captains for the game.
- The game was played on the campus of Drew University. NUMBERS CRUNCH
- Chris Daly
scored to become the first player in Monmouth history to reach 90 career points.
- Freshman midfielder Justin Schwenk
became the first Monmouth player with 100 faceoff wins in a season. Schwenk went 10-for-14 at the faceoff X in the win.
- Zach Clemente
scored his first-career goal for Monmouth and recorded his first-career multi-goal game.
- Bryce Wasserman
scored his 16th goal of the season and the 52nd of his career. Wasserman extended his goal-scoring streak to nine games.
- Dan Bloodgood
scored twice and has six goals on the year. Bloodgood has 34 career goals following his eighth multi-goal game.
- Eamon Campbell
now has 10 goals this season and 25 for his career after recording his eighth multi-goal game.
- Tyler Keen
has scored a goal in 10 straight games and a 12-game point streak. Keen leads the Hawks with 20 goals this season.
- Anthony Sardo
scored an empty net goal for his fifth goal of the season.
- Eric Berger
equaled his career-high with four ground balls.
- Dillon Smart
set a new career-high with three ground balls.
- Garrett Pfeifer
equaled his career-high with three caused turnovers.
Monmouth closes its non-conference schedule on Monday afternoon when it hosts VMI at Hesse Field on The Great Lawn. Opening faceoff is set for 2:30 p.m.