MEN’S TENNIS EARNS FOURTH STRAIGHT MAAC SWEEP OVER SIENA
ALBANY, NY – After sweeping Saint Peter’s, Niagara, and Fairfield in the first three MAAC matches, the Monmouth University men’s tennis team moved to 4-0 in the conference as they took down Siena this afternoon, 7-0. The Hawks won all three doubles matches and all seven singles matches on the day, and will set their sights on non-conference opponent Stony Brook tomorrow.
-Monmouth won all seven singles matches in straight sets.
-Przemyslaw Filipek earned victories at #1 singles by a score of 6-2, 6-1 and #1 doubles by a score of 6-3.
-Ale Gomez Estrada won at #2 singles (6-1, 6-2) and won at #1 doubles with Filipek.
1. Filipek, Przemyslaw (MONM) def. Kirkwood (SIE) 6-2, 6-1
2. Gomez Estrada, Ale (MONM) def. Saglia (SIE) 6-1, 6-2
3. Vieira, Christian (MONM) def. Mendoza (SIE) 6-1, 7-5
4. Giuffrida, Alberto (MONM) def. Bellino (SIE) 6-1, 6-1
5. Martinez, Sergio (MONM) def. Lebron (SIE) 6-0, 6-1
6. Dahiya, Vikrant (MONM) def. Koretz (SIE), 6-3, 6-0
The Hawks will remain in New York for a noon match with Stony Brook tomorrow.