ANDY STOCK LEADS MONMOUTH MEN’S GOLF AT LA SALLE
Finegan Invitational (36-holes)
Dates: April 10, 2017
Host: La Salle
Location: Lafayette Hill, PA
Course: Whitemarsh Valley Country Club
Course Vitals: par-72, 6641-yards
LAFAYETTE HILL, PA –The Monmouth University men’s golf team posted its second straight top-10 finish as it shot rounds of 315 and 311 at La Salle’s Finegan Invitational, Monday afternoon. Freshman Andy Stock (Danbury, CT/Danbury) led the way for the Blue and White, which finished 10th overall, registering a 36-hole total of 154.
The rookie inked back-to-back rounds of 77 to finish atop of the Hawks card for the second time this season. Sophomore Drake Ferriter (Ramsey, NJ/Bergen Catholic) and senior Tommy Whelan (Smithtown, NY/Smithtown West) duplicated rounds of 77 and 80 to each finish three shot behind Stock, while junior Kyle Burke (West Sayville, NY/Sayville [Sacred Heart]) concluded the event one shot behind the duo with 158. Senior Jesse Hazam (Mechanicsburg, PA/Mechanicsburg) closed out the Hawks’ card with 165 (81-84).
NOTES & QUOTES
“I think our consistency was not very good today. We had a bunch of birdies but we had too many doubles and triples that we couldn’t offset. We have to step it up and get those high numbers off the scorecard.” -Head Coach Dennis Shea
- The Hawks recorded their second-straight and third overall top-10 result of the season.
- Monmouth sank 19 birdies on the afternoon, while recording 93 even holes.
- Andy Stock recorded his 10th and 11th rounds in the 70s. It’s the first time he led the Hawks’ card since Seton Hall’s Mathews Auto Collegiate Invitational October 2-3, 2016.
- 16 of the Drake Ferriter’s 18 rounds this season are in the 70s.
- Jesse Hazam recorded an eagle in the second round on the par-5,507-yard fifth hole.
- The tournament featured 75 competitors.
Alvernia, Bucknell, Central Connecticut, Delaware, Drexel, Lafayette, La Salle, Lehigh, Longwood, Monmouth, Navy, Rhode Island, Rosemont, Villanova
1. Longwood 295-291; 586
2. Drexel 291-296; 587
3. Villanova 306-295; 601
t-4. Delaware 304-301; 605
t-4. Lehigh 314-291; 605
t-6. Rhode Island 297-314; 611
t-6. Lafayette 309-302; 611
8. La Salle 307-307; 614
9. Bucknell 302-317; 619
10. Monmouth 315-311; 626
11. Navy 312-316; 628
12. Rosemont 308-322; 630
13. Central Conn. 321-315; 636
14. Alvernia 341-362; 703
Monmouth’s Card (# = individual):
t-31. Andy Stock 77-77; 154
t-42. Drake Ferriter 80-77; 157
t-42. Tommy Whelan 77-80; 157
t-45. Kyle Burke 81-77; 158
t-65. Jesse Hazam 81-84; 165
In its final event before the MAAC Championships, the Hawks will tee off in the 18-hole Saint Peter’s Invitational tomorrow, April 11th, at the Neshanic Valley Golf Club.