WOMEN’S GOLF WRAPS UP HOYA INVITATIONAL
2017 Hoya Invitational
Dates: April 10-11; Three Rounds [54-holes]
Location: Beallsville, MD
Course: Four Streams
Course Vitals: Par-72; 6,127 yards
BEALLSVILLE, MD– In its final event before the 2017 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Championships, the Monmouth University women’s golf team compiled a three-round score of 996 to complete the Hoya Invitational in 15th place.
Junior Sarah Kokotajlo (Ewing, NJ/Ewing) registered rounds of 85 and 84 before firing 78 to finish the tournament with 247. Her three-round score ties her season low for a 54-hole event. Junior classmate Erin DiDonato (Hammonton, NJ/Hammonton) inked rounds of 83, 85 and 80, while sophomore Haley Goodling (Manheim, PA/Manheim Central) finished with 249, including a second-round 78. Kaitlin Clancy (Smithtown, NY/Smithtown West) posted two rounds of 84 along with an 87 to finish with 255, two shots in front of Faith Garcia (Stamford, CT/Staples). Playing as an individual, Nicole Totland (Tinton Falls, NJ/Red Bank Catholic) shot 263 over the two-day event.
NOTES & QUOTES
“We got better each round, but I am still looking for a bit more consistency as we get ready for the MAAC Championships next week.”
– Head Coach Susan DeKalb
- Monmouth’s third round total of 327 is tied for the fifth best 18-hole score of the season.
- Kokotajlo led the Hawks’ card for the first time this season and fifth time of her career.
- Goodling and Kokotajlo both recorded their fifth round in the 70s this season, matching each other’s team-low 78.
- Clancy recorded seven birdies over the two-day event, finishing tied for third amongst the field in that category.
- Kokotajlo, Clancy and Garcia all matched or recorded a season-low total for a 54-hole tournament.
The Field (15):
Boston University, Bucknell, Columbia, Georgetown, Monmouth, Pennsylvania, Princeton, Richmond, Rollins, Seton Hall, South Florida, St. John’s, Stephen F. Austin State, Towson and Yale.
South Florida 294-302-303; 899
Georgetown 308-303-298; 909
Princeton 309-298-303; 910
Yale 300-305-308; 913
Rollins 300-309-305; 914
Pennsylvania 309-299-307; 915
Columbia 305-308-304; 917
Boston U 310-307-309; 926
St. John’s 312-319-303; 934
Seton Hall 319-312-312; 943
Stephen F. Austin 312-311-323; 946
Richmond 316-314-317; 947
Towson 317-325-324; 966
Bucknell 334-323-333; 990
Monmouth 337-332-327; 996
Monmouth’s Card (# = individual):
t-84. Nicole Totland # 85-83-95; 263
Monmouth will tee off in the first of three rounds of the 2017 Metro Atlantic Championship on Friday, April 21st.