WOMEN’S TENNIS SWEPT AT GEORGE MASON
FAIRFAX, VA – In its first of two meets in Virginia, the Monmouth University women’s tennis team was defeated by George Mason on Thursday afternoon, 7-0. The Hawks fell in all six singles matches and three doubles matches. The team will look to bounce back tomorrow, as they take on Christopher Newport at 4:30 PM.
George Mason 7, Monmouth 0
1. Sydney Green (MASON) def. Adriana Armendariz (MON) 6-3, 6-1
2. Morgan Yang (MASON) def. Alexandra Graff (MON) 6-2, 6-2
3. Scarlett Walston (MASON) def. Kendal Kauffman (MON) 6-2, 7-6 (7-3)
4. Rachel Lee (MASON) def. Chioma Gabriel (MON) 6-0, 6-4
5. Olivia Lacy-Thompson (MASON) def. Maria Ivanova (MON) 6-1, 6-1
6. Nicole Haigwood (MASON) def. Caroline Mattise (MON) 6-1, 6-0
1. Sydney Green/Rachel Lee (MASON) def. Adriana Armendariz/Maria Ivanova (MON) 6-3
2. Scarlett Walston/Olivia Lacy-Thompson (MASON) def. Alexandra Graff/Chioma Gabriel (MON) 6-0
3. Morgan Yang/Nicole Haigwood (MASON) def. Kendal Kauffman/Caroline Mattise (MON) 6-0
The Hawks will remain in Virginia tomorrow, and will take on Christopher Newport for a 4:30 start time. The team will head to UMES next Tuesday in a makeup match.