Monmouth: 6 of 16, 7-6 record
EGG HARBOR TWP, NJ – Led by a third-place finish by Jackie Evans, the Monmouth University bowling team placed sixth at the 2017 Hawk Flight Invite over the weekend.
As a team, Monmouth went 7-6 during the three-day event, including a 4-1 record in Baker Format on Friday afternoon and 3-2 in Traditional play on Saturday.
Evans, who earned her sixth top-10 finish of the 2016-17 season, placed third with a 205.80 average across five traditional games.
NOTES & QUOTES
"We started the event well but lost momentum on the third day. We are still going to keep working hard as we prep for our last regular season tournament and our conference championships. I am confident we will bounce back and finish the season right."
– Director of Bowling Karen Grygiel
- Evans also earned her team-best sixth top-10 finish of the season.
- The Hawks earned top 10 wins against No. 4 Sam Houston State and No. 9 Delaware State in Baker format.
- Monmouth now has 11 victories over top-10 opponents in 2016-17.
- Monmouth’s highest pin total in Baker format was 1,021 against No. 4 Sam Houston State.
- MU’s largest margin of victory on Friday was 160 pins in the 961-801 win over LIU Post.
- The Hawks’ largest win in traditional match play was its 1,020 – 837 victory over Saint Peter’s.
- Jackie Evans led Monmouth with a 258 high game in traditional match play.
Monmouth will compete in the Music City Classic, which begins on Friday, March 17 at Smyrna Bowling Center in Nashville, TN.