SWIMMING COMPETES AGAINST MANHATTAN AND SIENA
Manhattan (M) - 168
Monmouth (M) (0-5, 0-3 MAAC) – 90
Manhattan (W) - 150
Monmouth (W) (0-6, 0-4 MAAC) - 92
Siena (W) - 189
Monmouth (W) (0-6, 0-4 MAAC) - 60
WEST LONG BRANCH, NJ – The Monmouth University men’s and women’s swimming teams competed against Manhattan and Siena on Saturday afternoon at Steadman Natatorium.
The men’s team dropped its dual meet against Manhattan, while the women’s squad was knocked off by the Jaspers and Siena.
Freshman Eric Sorensen turned in a pair of first-place performances in both backstroke events. Sorensen won the 100-yard backstroke in 56.20 and the 200-yard backstroke in 2:05.03.
NOTES & QUOTES
“It is exciting to see the team come out with a lot of energy. We swam a lot of great races and season-best times along with individual event winners made for a fun day. The team looks well prepared and eager to race at the ECAC Championships in two weeks. I anticipate a strong effort and continued improvement.”
- Monmouth head coach Matt Nunnally
- Monmouth had the top two times in the 100-yard backstroke with freshmen Eric Sorensen and Yannick Lyons finishing in the top two spots.
- In the men’s 100-yard breaststroke, Noah Babik and Austin D’Angelo placed second and third. Babik also turned in second-place performances in the 200-yard breaststroke and the 200-yard IM.
- Freshman Sriniram Narasimhan finished second in the men’s 200-yard butterfly with a time of 2:05.79.
- Mary Emich took second in the women’s 50-yard freestyle, clocking in at 25.99.
- Frank Nicola’s time of 52.82 was good for second in the men’s 100-yard freestyle.
- Junior Anne Skimmons was second in the women’s 100-yard butterfly with a time of 1:03.48.
- Mitch Simmer and Narasimhan took second and third, respectively in the men’s 100-yard butterfly.
- The women’s 200-yard freestyle relay consisted of Anne Skimmons, Mary Emich, Bradie Keelan and Ann Tompkins and placed second with a time of 1:44.05.
- The men’s second-place 200-yard freestyle relay team was made up of Michael Lanigan, Mitch Simmer, Billy Lyons and Frank Nicola. The quartet ended the race in 1:33.63.
- Eric Sorensen’s 56.20 time in the 100-yard backstroke was a new personal best for the rookie.
- Ann Tompkins placed second in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 1:04.81. Tompkins’ time was a personal record.
- Babik’s second-place time of 1:01.83 in the 100-yard breaststroke set a new personal best for the freshman. He also set a PR in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:16.07.
- Narasimhan set a new PR in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 56.32.
Monmouth returns to the pool on Dec. 2 when it competes in the ECAC Championships in New York City.