Monmouth: 15 of 35, 8-5 record
SMYRNA, TN –
The Monmouth University bowling team closed its 2016-17 regular season schedule with a 15th-place showing at the Music City Classic at Smyrna Bowling Center.
As a team, Monmouth went 8-5 over the three-day event, including a 4-1 record in Baker Format on Friday afternoon. The 35-team field featured all of Monmouth’s competitors in the Southland Bowling League. Jackie Evans
led Monmouth individually and placed 38th with a 192.20 average across five traditional games. NOTES & QUOTES
"We fell short of our goals but finished the last day strong and our regular season with a winning record. Ultimately, it was a good regular season, and now it's time to work to prepare for our conference championship."
– Director of Bowling Karen Grygiel
- Monmouth went 4-1 during Friday’s Baker format, including a win over No. 13 Tulane (954-831).
- Saturday’s traditional match against No. 19 Prairie View A&M finished in a tie (868-868), but the Hawks fell in a bowl-off, 100-84.
- The Hawks dropped their first match of Sunday’s championship round, but won their final two matchups of the weekend against No. 19 Prairie View A&M and No. 18 North Carolina A&T. NUMBERS CRUNCH
- Monmouth’s highest pin total in Baker format was 964 in its loss to No. 2 Arkansas State (1,019).
- The Hawks’ largest win in Baker Format was the 946– 789 victory over Lincoln Memorial.
- MU’s largest margin of victory on Saturday was 340 pins in the 926-586 win over Alabama A&M.
- Julie Bianco
led Monmouth with a 218 high game in traditional match play. NEXT UP
Monmouth will compete in the Southland Bowling League Championships this weekend at Hijinx Lanes in Jonesboro, Ark.