HALEY GOODLING LEADS WOMEN’S GOLF AT QUINNIPIAC CLASSIC
Dates: October 10-11, 2016; Three Round (54-holes)
Location: Hamden, CT
Course: New Haven Country Club
Course Vitals: 5,896-yard, par-70 course
HAMDEN, CT – Sophomore Haley Goodling (Manheim, PA/Manheim Central) carded 247 over 54-holes to lead the Monmouth University women’s golf team at the Quinnipiac Classic, held at the New Haven Country Club. The Hawks finished seventh overall after posting 331-348-337 for a total of 1016 over the two-day event.
Goodling opened with 80 before adding eight strokes to her second-round score. The second-year Hawk rebounded with 79, the lone Hawk to land in the 70s in the event, to complete the tournament with a share of 15th overall with 247. Junior Sarah Kokotajlo (Ewing, NJ/Ewing) fired 82-90-80 to earn a piece of 22nd overall with 252. Classmates Faith Garcia (Stamford, CT/Staples) and Kaitlin Clancy (Smithtown, NY/Smithtown West) each finished with 263, while Erin DiDonato (Hammonton, NJ/Hammonton) recorded back-to-back rounds of 85 before withdrawing. Playing as an individual, Nicole Totland (Tinton Falls, NJ/Red Bank Catholic) finished tied with Kokotajlo after carding 87-82-83.
NOTES & QUOTES
“It was very difficult conditions in the morning yesterday with the weather, but I thought we did a good job and handled the adversity well. In the afternoon, though, we didn’t play as smart as we did earlier in the day. The weather improved today which is why we saw some lower scores. I thought Haley and Sarah did a nice job as did our freshman Nicole.” – Head Coach Susan DeKalb
- It was the Hawks’ first 54-hole event of the season.
- Goodling finishes first on the Hawks’ card for the third time in her career and second while in the lineup.
- Goodling’s third-round 79 is a season-low and seventh career round in the 70s.
- Kokotajlo’s 22nd place finish is her best result of the year.
Quinnipiac, St. John's, Navy, Sacred Heart, Albany, Central Connecticut State, Monmouth, Hartford, LIU-Brooklyn, Hofstra and Fairfield
1. St. John’s 324-312-310; 946
2. University at Albany 335-317-317; 969
3. Sacred Heart 339-313-322; 974
4. Navy 326-339-322; 987
5. Quinnipiac 345-322-328; 995
6. Central Conn. St. 340-332-338; 1010
7. Monmouth 331-348-338; 1016
8. Hofstra 352-340-334; 1030
9. Hartford 348-348-325; 1030
10. LIU Brooklyn 355-337-344; 1036
11. Fairfield 370-341-352; 1063
Monmouth’s Card (# = individual):
t-15. Haley Goodling 80-88-79; 247
t-22. Sarah Kokotajlo 82-90-80; 252
t-22. Nicole Totland # 87-82-83; 252
t-47. Faith Garcia 89-85-89; 263
t-47. Kaitlin Clancy 84-90-89; 263
60. Erin DiDonato 85-85-WD;
Monmouth returns to the links on October 23-24 for the Lehigh Invitational.