WOMEN’S GOLF OPENS SPRING SLATE ON WEST COAST
Battle at Boulder Creek
Dates: February 13-14; Three Rounds (54-holes)
Location: Boulder City, NV
Course: Boulder Creek Golf Club
Course Vitals: Par-72; 6285-yard
BOULDER CITY, NV – The Monmouth University women’s golf team opened up its 2017 spring season with a seventh place result at the Battle at Boulder Creek, held at the par-72 Boulder Creek Golf Club outside of Las Vegas. Junior Erin DiDonato (Hammonton, NJ/Hammonton) posted a career low in a 54-hole event to lead the Hawks, who recorded rounds of 327, 336 and 322 en route to a tournament total of 985.
DiDonato fired rounds of 79 and 83 on the first day before completing the third round with 78 to finish with 240, good for a 25th place result on the individual leaderboard. Classmate Junior Sarah Kokotajlo (Ewing, NJ/Ewing) rebounded in the second and third rounds with 79 and team tournament-low 77 to finish with 248, two shots in front of Kaitlin Clancy (Smithtown, NY/Smithtown West), who compiled rounds of 81, 85 and 84. Sophomore Haley Goodling (Manheim, PA/Manheim Central) carded 256 over the two day event, while junior Faith Garcia (Stamford, CT/Staples) completed the Hawks’ card with 266.
NOTES & QUOTES
“The team was a little rusty to start with but had some fine performances as Erin, Kaitlin and Sarah played extremely well the last two rounds. This was a great jump start to our spring season and we hope to build off our performances.”
– Head Coach Susan DeKalb
- DiDonato recorded a career-low card for a 54-hole tournament, besting her previous best of 241 set her freshman season at Navy.
- DiDonato, who recorded her fifth and sixth career rounds in the 70s, led the Hawks’ card for the second time in her career, both coming this season.
- Kokotajlo recorded her 13th and 14th career round in the 70s.
Florida Atlantic, Idaho State, Monmouth, Northern Colorado, Oral Roberts, South Dakota State, Southern Utah, Weber State
1. Southern Utah 306-287-289; 882
2. South Dakota State 303-302-290; 895
3. Northern Colorado 302-301-301; 904
4. Oral Roberts 307-311-307; 925
5. Weber State 323-316-308; 947|
6. Florida Atlantic 327-313-312; 952
7. Monmouth 327-336-322; 985
8. Idaho State 389-359-356; 1104
Monmouth’s Card (# = individual):
25. Erin DiDonato 79-83-78; 240
33. Sarah Kokotajlo 92-79-77; 248
36. Kaitlin Clancy 81-85-84; 250
t-39. Haley Goodling 84-89-83; 256
43. Faith Garcia 83-92-91; 266
Monmouth returns to the links March 9-10 at the Lady Eagle Cat Invitational in Daytona Beach, FL.