MONMOUTH MEN IN THIRD PLACE GOING INTO FINAL DAY OF IC4A CHAMPIONSHIPS
BOSTON- Monmouth men’s and women’s track and field teams completed the Saturday events at the IC4A/ECAC Division I Championships, with the men’s squad earning enough points to sit in third going into tomorrow’s finals.
The men’s squad used a big first day to earn fourth place out of 100 schools at the IC4As with three All-East honors. Sophomore Harry Bickmore (Albany, NY/Guilderland) tied for 7th in the high jump, clearing 6’ 6.25” in the high jump to earn All-East honors. Tim Wilson’s (Washingtonville, NY/Washingtonville) throw of 65’ 1.25” in the weight throw took bronze, while Troy Andretta (Kinnelon, NJ/Kinnelon) threw 50’ 4.5” for fifth place and All-East honors.
Senior Jenna Cupp (Newark Valley, NY/Newark Valley) led the women’s team with a new school record in the mile, crossing the tape in 4:47.38 to advance to Sunday’s finals. Freshman Jordan Wildermuth (Oak Ridge, NJ/Jefferson Township) earned her first All-East honor with a throw of 17.13m. Casey Sturts (Dorothy, NJ/Buena Regional) also earned All-East honors, tying for second after clearing 12’ 5.5” in the pole vault
Notes and Quotes
"The men had several excellent performances and a few near-misses as far as finals we thought we could be in. The women really had a tremendous first day. Both teams have a great opportunity tomorrow to earn some big finishes for us in a great meet and finish the indoor season strong."
-Head Coach Joe Compagni
· Bryan Sosoo advances to tomorrow’s finals in the 60m dash
· Mike Pepper (9th) and Greg Stickle (10th) narrowly missed All-East honors in the long jump
· The women’s 4x400 and 4x800 relay teams will compete in Sunday’s finals
· Molly McKeon ran a lifetime best of 4:53.84 in the mile
· The men’s DMR (Rafferty, Chavis, Summonte, D’Agostino) took ninth overall with the fourth time in school history
· The women sit in 14th place but can significantly improve that standing tomorrow with a number of athletes competing in finals
The Hawks will wrap up the Indoor Season with the final day of the ECAC/IC4A Championships